About Copernicus Mathematics Olympiad
In Today’s Rapidly Evolving World, Mathematics Stands As A Cornerstone Of Human Progress. Its Importance Cannot Be Overstated, For It Serves As The Language Of Logic, A Key To Unlocking Countless Opportunities, And A Bridge To Understanding The Intricate Patterns Of Our Universe.
The Copernicus Mathematics Olympiad Recognizes The Pivotal Role Of Mathematics In Shaping The Future Of Our Students. Our Goal Is To Foster A Deep Appreciation For Mathematics And Empower Students With Problem-Solving Skills, Logical Reasoning, And Creativity. Through This Olympiad, Students Embark On A Journey To Explore The Profound Realm Of Mathematics And Its Multifaceted Applications.
Mathematics, Often Referred To As The Universal Language, Transcends Geographical Boundaries And Cultural Differences. It Comprises Various Branches Such As Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Statistics, And More. Each Of These Branches Plays A Unique Role In Addressing Real-World Challenges And Expanding Our Collective Knowledge.
Studying Mathematics Offers Students The Opportunity To Delve Into Abstract Concepts, Formulate Hypotheses, And Arrive At Precise Solutions. It Equips Them With The Ability To Tackle Complex Problems, Make Informed Decisions, And Navigate The Intricate Web Of Data That Defines Our Information Age.
Moreover, Mathematics Is The Driving Force Behind Technological Innovations, Scientific Discoveries, And Economic Advancements. It Underpins Everything From Computer Programming And Cryptography To Engineering Marvels And Space Exploration. In Essence, Mathematics Is The Compass That Guides Humanity Toward Innovation And Progress.
In A World Where Mathematical Literacy Is Increasingly Essential, The Copernicus Mathematics Olympiad Empowers Students To Embrace Mathematics As A Tool For Understanding And Shaping The World Around Them.
Copernicus Mathematics Olympiad Mechanics:
- The Copernicus Mathematics Olympiad is an international event that is open to students from Grade 3 to 12.
- It is divided into two rounds – the Preliminary Round and the Global Round.
- Students can register for the event online through the Copernicus Olympiad website or via official country representatives.
- All registered participants will take the online qualifying exam for the Preliminary Round, which will be held on December 16, 2023, February 17, 2024, and March 16, 2024.
The online qualifying exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions and will be administered for 60 minutes. Students must choose the online qualifying exam category that corresponds to their grade level. The categories are as follows:
- Category 1: Grades 3 and 4
- Category 2: Grades 5 and 6
- Category 3: Grades 7 and 8
- Category 4: Grades 9 and 10
- Category 5: Grades 11 and 12
- Students who score at least 40% in the Preliminary Round become eligible to participate in the Global Round.
- Regardless of their score, all participants in the Preliminary Round will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Students who qualify for the Global Round will receive a Certificate of Achievement and a medal based on their score in the Preliminary Round exam. The medals and certificates are awarded as follows:
- 40% to 49% – Honorable Mention Certificate
- 50% to 74% – Bronze Medal
- 75% to 90% – Silver Medal + 5% discount on Global Round registration fees
- 91% to 100% – Gold Medal + 10% discount on Global Round registration fees
- Qualifiers for the Global Round must register again on the website or through official country representatives to provide essential travel documentation.
- The Global Round will take place between July 14 and 18, 2024, at Columbia University in New York City.
- The Global Round comprises a combination of exam, interactive challenges, and tours.
- The Global Round Exam consists of 25 multiple-choice Mathematics questions, organized into subcategories similar to the Preliminary Round.
- To determine the winners, participants’ scores on the exam will be considered. Please note that scores will be calculated individually.
In the Global Round, medals will be awarded based on the following percentages:
- The top 10% will receive a Gold Medal.
- The next 11-30% will receive a Silver Medal.
- The next 31-60% will receive a Bronze Medal.
- The next 61-75% will receive an Honorable Mention Certificate.
Additionally, the top three students of each Category in the Global Round Exam will receive special prizes listed below:
Syllabus Of The Copernicus Mathematics Olympiad